How You Can Help
The Shrine is currently accepting new and clean, gently-used winter clothing to distribute to bused-in asylum seekers. We accept the following items for men, women, and children:
- Winter coats
- Hoodies and sweatshirts
- Sweatpants (especially sizes S and M)
- Hats, gloves, scarves
- Boots and closed shoes
- Jeans for men in great condition in waist sizes 28-32
- Sweaters in very good condition
We also accept:
- new socks and boots
- new underwear and sports bras
- unused toiletries (shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, lotion)
- feminine hygiene products
- disposable diapers and wipes
We CANNOT accept:
- used socks, bras, and underwear
- non-seasonal clothing
- household goods and kitchenware
- bedding or towels
- used toys
Please be respectful of these guidelines — it is a lot of work to sort clothing!
DROP OFF your items any day except Monday between 10am and 5pm. You can enter by the stone porch with the angel doors and someone will help you.
Note that the Shrine will be closed Tuesday, January 10 and Wednesday, January 11 and will not accept donations on those days
Thank you, neighbors!
Since August you have helped us collect carloads upon carloads of supplies to help our new neighbors in need.
You have turned out for benefit concerts to support non-profits working directly with bused-in migrants.
You have donated gift cards, time, assistance posting fliers, and made direct contributions so that we can shop for the most-needed items.
Thank you for your good hearts and helping hands.